View Single Post
Old 01-09-2002, 02:17 AM   #19
Moni

quote:
Originally posted by Ryanamur:
Good job Moni, we'd make a good team, I always turn my papers in time but I never get higher than a B- on my exams... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Word from the wise... The first semister is the second hardest of them all... it's only surpassed by your last one [img]smile.gif[/img]

LOL! Well no more turning in late papers for me...that was a hard lesson in humility, having to apologize to the professor after I got the paper back!
Turning it in, the conversation went something like this:
Me: "Here you go! See you next semester!"
(puzzled look from professor)
Me: "Meaning that I signed up for your Gov't 1 class next semester, not that I am looking forward to flunking this one!"
(raised eyebrow on the professor as she says "O K.")
I leave, all happy that I got it turned in on time, little realizing that I got it turned in on the last day it would be accepted, not the last day before points would be taken off for lateness!

My ears burned all day & night after that...when I got the paper back and saw the "B" it would have made and the "F" it got for being late, I almost cried LOL...that was the first unintentional "F" on a paper in all my years of schooling!

I finally crossed paths with her and apologized to her just before winter break, telling her (with a lump in my throat) how the comment I made must have seemed very insulting.
Her eyes sparked with confirmation and when I explained how unaware I was that I was turning it in so late, she gave me a sympathetic smile and patted me on the shoulder, telling me not to worry about it.
It was at that moment that i knew I must have passed the class with a "C" since you can't transfer D's LOL. The moment was a moment of relief for the both of us, esp considering that I'll be in her U.S. Gov't class next week. [img]smile.gif[/img]

LoA,
Thank you very much! Do pursue your goals if taking some courses is part of them! You won't regret it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Grand-Ranger & 250,
Thank you both very much as well! All this encouragement really means a lot to me!

Hugs for everyone!
[img]graemlins/ladyhearts.gif[/img]