View Single Post
Old 01-04-2002, 06:25 PM   #14
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Hmmm. Well, I don't have the home version, but I do run Pro XP. Here's another little tidbit about it. Some of the drivers have not been created for XP yet. So when you put in the hardware driver that may be listed for your hardware, it either may not install at all, or act unpredictable. It was just recently that Compaq updated some of their hardware drivers for my laptop where I could get everything tweaked back like I had with Win ME. The only hardware that I had a problem with is my Touchpad. Win XP did install a generic mouse driver for the touchpad, but I like the features of the full blown driver. I have a TV card (via USB - Dazzle drive) that was easy to install. When I connected my printer (it's kind of old) XP found it easily and quickly. I will admit that I haven't updated my video driver, but haven't had any problems with it. I'll look around though. Thank you to whoever mentioned it. The main problem I don't like is that messages keep popping up whether I want to see them or not. Jeez. I've never had the system crash where I had to power down or anything though. I did have a program that locked up, but a quick < CTRL > < ALT > < DEL > and I was able to close that 1 particular program and get back to computing. Much more stable then my Win ME was. Much easier to install too.