View Single Post
Old 03-30-2001, 03:32 PM   #46
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Well, I'm off work, finally, so now I can address everyone here with a big "Howdy" from Texas.

First of all, I wanted to apologize to Slug; I didn't see he had made it over here too! Slug's another one of my cronies from Wiz 8 / Wizards & Warriors, and one of our best posters over there.

Cloudbringer, I'm very pleased to meet you, and come snag me anytime you wish! You, too, Memnoch, and thanks again for inviting me over. I haven't yet played BG2, but I may yet, depending on how long it takes Wiz 8 to come out (If they keep rolling the date back on us, grrrrr)

To all others: I look forward getting a chance to getting to know all of you better and conversing more with you here. General Discussions seems like a fun place to "hang out." One thing I've admired here is that no one has a problem "speaking their mind", yet all of you avoid nasty flame wars. Admirable! (Of course, I haven't dug too far in the posts yet, so maybe I'm completely off on that one, hehe!)

A little on my gaming background: I started RPG'ing (table-top) back in 1981, and computer RPG'ing in 1982. I've both played and GM'd games before, but I think I like the playing the best. On CRPG's: I've played all the Wizardry games (except for Werdna, which I never finished), TES:_Arena, TES:_Daggerfall, Betrayal at Krondor, Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny, Star Trail, and Shadows over Riva, Might & Magic 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7, Diablo I & II (only as Barbarian in II, but I'm going to try one of the other classes later), Darkstone, ANGBAND, ADOM, and Wizards & Warriors. I'm sure I've forgotten some of them in there, including some of the SSI Gold Box games, but you get the general idea. Upcoming games I'm looking toward are: Neverwinter Nights, Wizardry 8, and TES:_Morrowind.

In addition, I teach classes in computers, networking, and Internet at a technical school, and in my spare time (what's that??!!) I find time to write fantasy fiction (amateur only). Some examples of my writings can be found at http://www.seastop.com/ww.htm ; look for the "Sazerac" link. This series is very strongly based on the Wizards and Warriors gaming world, but you can get an idea of my writing style from that link. In addition, I'm also the self-appointed "editor" of the Gael Serran Examiner, a humorous on-forum "tabloid" documenting rather interesting features and anomalies in the Wizards and Warriors game.

Well, I guess that's about enough blatant self-serving information about me! Looking forward to meeting with the rest of you.

Cheers,
-Sazerac