View Single Post
Old 12-13-2001, 03:56 PM   #22
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Galadria,

ANYBODY that is into the Nazi scene like that has got problems IMHO.

As for our guy, he was already in the room when most of us showed up. He was there BEFORE the game started. I had seen him on campus and took an INSTANT DISLIKE for him (which is very odd for me). He was - without a doubt - THE most rude, crude, and socially unacceptable person I had ever met.

However, a couple of years toned down my harsh feelings. I learned that he had had a REALLY crappy childhood and had become an alcoholic. I guess he had been hurt so much that he automatically lashed out at anything and everything - hurt them before they hurt him type of thing.

I kept in touch with him for awhile after graduation. He joined A.A. and became sober. I also witnessed to him in my letters and he was receptive to that.

The last I heard of him, his personality had not improved drastically. He still has SUCH a need to be accepted and liked that he just CLINGS to anybody around. I feel sorry for him now that I understand his situation better. I haven't seen him in many years, but I still keep him in my prayers.

That's the best I can do for him now.