View Single Post
Old 12-04-2001, 03:01 PM   #15
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
LOL...Call it a mistake, call it a typo or in some cases, dear Cheetah, the individuals aren't native English speakers. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And it is true, since the electronic age became the standard for communication it has become more and more acceptable to 'understand' even if the item is mispelled or incorrect in grammar. Not that it is preferable, but it is commonplace.

Hmm.. if you refer to my use of pm's as a plural.. HAHAHAHAHAH.. oh my... THAT has a logical explanation if not a grammatically pure one... HAHAHAHA [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] *picks self up from floor and wipes eyes* "pms" by itself can be taken for "pre-menstrual syndrome" and I've had the joke made so often, I just changed my usage of the abbreviation to make it clear I didn't mean that! LOLOL

Cloudy, giggling her way back from lunch

Not sure if everyone understood my reason for posting this. It actually *wasn't* to draw attention to the standard of grammar on the forum, or elsewhere else for that matter.

More that a few years ago, this use of the apostrophe was something you would see occasionally. Now you see it everywhere, but EVERYWHERE.

What I am interested in is 'Why it changed' and when did it?

Cloudy, I quite see why you'd want to put PM's... !! [img]smile.gif[/img]