Thread: Spirituality
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2001, 05:58 PM   #5
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

I'm not particularly materialistic either. No car, no cell phone, no TV, no stereo (I have an old ghetto blaster [img]smile.gif[/img] ) second hand computers (people seem to give them to me... great!) furniture all second hand, (you can still make things look great - no need to spend much money!) charity shop clothes, mainly.... What do I spend money on - well, organic food is expensive! I also do quite a lot of personal growth/development workshops, often dance based, and I love to travel, which also costs. I'd rather pay for real life experiences, than 'things'.

I think that people who spend loads on big name brands are mad! All the things are the same, just commodities produced in some third world factory for a dollar each production costs, just some have fancier packaging and are advertised cleverly and expensively, and thus end up costing twice, four times, even ten times as much as the non branded goods.

Trainer with a swoosh, or trainer without a swoosh? I'll go for the latter every time. Actually, I wouldn't wear branded clothes if you paid me. I've always thought that was weird - like you pay a fortune for something, just to advertise Tommy Hilfiger or Nike on your chest. Why? You're paying *them* to advertise *them*. Like I said, the whole thing is bonkers.

On the spiritual side - well. Anyone like to tell me their definition of spirituality? It's something that no-one seems to agree on.... And rightly so, in my opinion. Your connection with the divine (whatever you call it, god, the source, the universe, the all that is, the goddess etc etc) is uniquely personal to you, and everyone's perception and experience of it is different.