Thread: New forum!
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2001, 11:03 AM   #15
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:

Which is disturbing, actually. It happened before that everyone suddenly decided to register a Xsorbit message board, about 6 months ago or something. Result: too many people registered, the servers got overloaded with lousy attempts at hardly ever used message boards created by would-be board tyrants [img]tongue.gif[/img] and the Xsorbit boards became practically unreachable for 4 months (!). And now they finally managed to solve the server problems with Xsorbit boards for the moment, there's a second wave of powerhungry kiddos all signing up for this type of board. My prediction: at the current speed, Xsorbit will go down again very soon.

Ack... I hear you, Groj! :-/

The stupid part is, I think I know where this deluge is coming from and if I'm correct, it's Xsorbit's own bloody fault!
I've noticed that every time you register at one of their forums, they ask you if you'd like a message board of your own. This means asking for trouble of course... I hope your doomsday prophecy won't come true, because that'd mean that those powertripping kiddos spoil the fun for popular forums such as the Mithril Hall...

But actually I think that the bad apples will be abandoned soon enough anyway - if a forum hardly gets any traffic, I would think the admin will be smart enough to delete it him/herself. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sorry for the offtopic in your thread, Sir Byronas!!