View Single Post
Old 11-12-2001, 04:46 PM   #6
Sorcerer Alex

quote:
Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

Thanks for posting that! I had thought that most people had forgotten Veterans day. I'ts somewhat upsetting because I served for 8 years in the Army. No, I don't feel that it's about me. I think of this day to honor the fallen heroes. We have so many of them.

As I sit in my mailroom and it's pretty much business as usual, I think back to the time when I was in the Army and we would have the day off to honor our fallen countrymen. I would encourage anyone who reads this to say "thanks" to the veterans that served in the Armed forces during the wars.

I would close this reply with something I heard from the Band of Brothers show. "No, I'm not a hero but I served in a company of heroes."

You're very philosophical for this time of day, Mike. There wouldn't happen to be any brandy in that mailroom of yours would there? I always find that such beverages bring out the true thinker in me, so I'm assuming this goes for you as well

And, so that no-one can accuse me of being thoroughly disrespectful, I do acknowledge and appreciate all the things these soldiers have done for us. They gave their lives for our future, and should be remembered and saluted for their bravery [img]smile.gif[/img]