View Single Post
Old 11-02-2001, 05:29 PM   #153
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:
Her eyes widen as she sees Larry walking down the hallway towards her. She grips the chair beside her for support as he finally reaches her and Fabian.

Fabian stares at the stranger approaching Mistral. Clearing his throat, he speaks ~ "Welcome, stranger... I can see that Mistral knows you. I am Fabian, Captain of the Guards in this stronghold and her betrothed. And you are...?" ~
Larry could feel that little lump in his throat once again. He waited for just a minute before speaking, as to allow his speech to sound strong and sure. Mistral obviously was not bound in chains, and seemed only concerned at his arrival. He had to focus on his task at hand.

"I am Larry, and I am appreciative of your hospitality shown upon my arrival from afar.
The reason for my appearance this day is to challenge that betrothal you have spoken of."

Larry paused for a moment, both for effect, and to put his own shaking voice back into solidity. The manner and choice of words were as vital now as a sword may be in any upcoming attack. He had to remain level-headed about this, both to prove a formible foe to Fabian, and a capable man for Mistral.

"Sir Fabian, It has come to my attention that you may have abducted and forced your will upon this lady, thus rendering her unable to choose for herself what is right and just for her. I have come to settle any rumors that may have been mispronounced...and see for myself where my dear Mistral's heart resides.
I have come to inform you that she loves...me.

Larry let his sences focus on and feel the things going on around him, to detect a stab in the back or an arrow from afar. All he heard were gasps from the servants and nothing more. He was quite pleased by that. He may come out of this alive afterall!