View Single Post
Old 10-24-2001, 03:16 PM   #7
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Personally, I would like to see more positive news published. In my town, we have a little newspaper that comes out ocassionally with loads of positive stuff in. All the things that went right, or worked - on the environmental front, for instance. The Greenpeace activist paper 'Network' also does this - updates on what went well, what was accomplished, as well as drawing attention to those things that need more work. I'd like to see the national papers take this up, current coverage is majorly one sided. No wonder people get depressed. It's like the world is always full of crap things happening, with nothing good to balance it out. No wonder people take such a dim view of human nature! Yeah, some positive news.

That doesn't mean I want to see the hard stuff watered down, though. People can make their own choice on whether to read the papers or not. I frequently go through periods when I don't. For sanity's sake. I don't have a TV, so I can get away from all the crap quite easily, should I want to. And I don't have to put up with adverts, either!!

Yeah great point. Everytime I turn on the news I get annoyed or shocked. Just once I like to read a newspaper with the bright side of life.

------------------

Knight of HADB and Lady Lioness