View Single Post
Old 10-24-2001, 10:51 AM   #143
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
It's okay right now, getting worse though. Hm... do you by any chance have a recipe for fruit smoothies? I know what they are and I LOVE them, but they don't sell them here . I'm not supposed to eat/drink too hot or too cold things either, anyway...
I think the too hot or too cold may have to do more with what you can stand. Plus hot things might encourage bleeding. However, the cold should be okay IF you can stand it. They tell you that with extreme temperatures just like when you get a new filling: the area will be more sensitive. Not for a 'medical' reason. If you can stand the cold, have the cold.

For fruit smoothies, as far as I've ever made, I just put in fruits that I like and have a taste for at the time and puree them in the blender. Then I add enough ice to thin it out(without watering down the flavor) to a consistency I can sip. This way - no pulpy textures, no FREEZING cold - just right. One of my favorite combos would be strawberry, raspberry and banana. More strawberry than anything.

But anytime you eat something (or drink a smoothie or sip some broth), make sure to carefully and gently rinse your mouth out afterwards - just to make sure you don't have anything left in your mouth that might settle in to the extraction.

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 10-24-2001).]