View Single Post
Old 10-11-2001, 12:14 AM   #8
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
certain things are hard to explain. but remember that, we tend to interpret things in ways we prefer.
a perfect example is the movie "the Messenger" the main actress, Jane, prefered to interpret those signs in her early life as messages from God, and she interpreted herself as a messanger sent by God

it is all about preference. after all, if you cross that road, the tank car might stop. or if you press the traffic light, the green light might gave the driver a signal... even if that train didn't come, your sister might not be caught in the 5 car wreck... who knows. we prefer the assumption that "we jusr avoided an accident" it gave us a nice feeling. it is cruel when you really look at things as what had happened, not what might happen, because it took away the indication that "we are special" or "we are blessed" or "we are cared for" or simply "I am just lucky"

on the hand, as Yorick always say "others see coincidence, I see God."

In my opinion, you are the major determine factor to your life curve.

I was looking for stories!! -- J/k! I understand what you mean, but this Tanker was going about 70mph.. I mean FAST!! I would have been T-boned and oh... it would have been nasty..

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks