View Single Post
Old 10-07-2001, 12:39 AM   #23
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

look, people, I don't know where the "die down" crap come from

this has been the most wonderful online community I had ever known. I never cared anyone I met on the internet, but for this place, I made an exception. People are just so wonderful, caring, and understanding here.

sure, we fought, argued, flamed, cursed each other, but it only brought us closer, or to better understanding of the other's views. (and we should thank the webmaster and mods for their hard work and fairness)

people DO come and leave from time to time, but once they contributed part of their worldly experiences here, they became part of this place. and they shall always remain here not because they continuing post here, but because of they had touched others through their words, thoughts and emotions. what is really in your heart, can never leave.

in Yorick's case. we knew each other for a short time of half a year. and we had grown from enemies to best buddies. his character, insight and wisdom had opened a window in my mind, and brought me to a higher level of awareness of the world. I appreciate that so much. and that changes he had caused will always be part of who I am. and I believe everyone else has the similar experiences here. Yorick is away, but never left

I've left this place for about two months, and I thought I would never return, since I felt bored. then I found I was wrong, I was attracted by it, by the people here, and a strange sense of online community, funny huh?

the way to keep things alive here is: to contribute. by doing that, we can bring everyone together, just like many of our old members had been doing. keep it up, guys, we have a wonderful place to build!