View Single Post
Old 10-06-2001, 03:00 AM   #89
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Killing Spree:
~groans~ I just want to say that the battle with Sephoreth today was one of the most dreary boring things I have ever done role-playing. He blew up the bar. He kept saying his stone skin made him invincable. He casted TIME STOP and sent A BARRAGE of spells in my direction. When I finally got a hit at him he had an unlimited amount of healing spells. Waverider just agrivated me as he popped in and out healing Sephoreth without actually partaking in the battle. In my humble opinion IT SUCKED! I think we need some rules here for our friendly fighter/mage who claims to cast heal... I think a good idea is getting a roster, sort of like a stats page for everybody. Telling strengths/weaknesses and any special abilities. What Sephoreth did today would have taken an entire fleet of cowled wizards... I eventually got frustrated when we had 5 pages TRYING to hit him. Nothing personal or anything, but role-playing just isn't fun when you pretend to be invincible.
That's why I chose to let my character be disabled on her first battle in the bar... I sort of sensed that both of them would not be satisfied until they had beat the crap out of everyone except themselves. So, I saved myself from typing pages of futile attempts to injure them One thing, though - you guys sure have great stamina in keeping up the fighting sequences

Seriously though, I think it's a good idea to keep in mind what abilities each character has. And if possible, to list down the level of the character so that we know roughly the type and number of spells which can be cast (even in TOB, sorcerors' spells are capped at a certain number). If this is too troublesome, it's totally understandable and I don't mind it either way.

Oh yes, one impt qn - Has my character been an eyesore so far? I see her as sometimes lurking around, occasionally participating in different ways (ie not necessarily fighting). If you'd rather have a clean plot, do let me know and she'll stay out of the story.