View Single Post
Old 10-04-2001, 04:20 PM   #19
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
Hm... I don't think so. I wish we could get together to do this, it would be much easier, but... dream on, Kaz. I think the temple threads, the KFA threads and maybe a few threads before that (will have to check).
BTW, the exchange is almost definitely off I can't see how I can change my mom's mind, especially as I understand her point of view and would probably do the same in her case The thing is, even if you visit us in June (that would be great! ) June is far too late to begin planning an exchange. Maybe you two could meet in a chatroom some time?
As to the story, we'll work it out as we go.

As to the exchange, I'm willing to do anything to help. I don't know if just chatting with her will ease her fears because she might still think I'm making something up, but if it would help, OK. Also, I can check and see if maybe I can have an agency come in to my home and do a report. Our DFaCS (Department of Family and Children Services) might be willing to come in and do an interview and report that they could send to her so she will know that I'm not some 60 year old pervert trying to lure young innocent girls to my home. I don't know if they will, but they might. I fully understand her reasons for being cautious. There are a lot of crazy, sick people out there. And even though I'm not one of them, how is she to know? I could also even talk to her personally on the phone (let me check my cell phone rates for L/D overseas) for a little bit. If she'd like that, e-mail me and I can send you my phone # for her. Don't know what else to do. There are some really great places within a few hours drive that I'd be thrilled to take you to see...Callaway Gardens, Pine Mountain Wild Animal Park, Stone Mountain, Helen (the city) which was started up by German immigrants and therefore looks like an old-fashioned German town. There's also Ellijay's Apple Festival in the fall and a neat outdoor 'haunted house' called Camp Blood (after the Friday the 13th movies). I just hope it can be worked out.

------------------

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.
Occasional minion to Gwhanos the Fluffy

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*