View Single Post
Old 10-02-2001, 01:27 PM   #33
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
I can only confirm your expectations, Cloudy.
We installed the chat feature at the Elysium a few months ago and those who used the chat feature learnt each other much better and stopped spamming up the message board. It really helps!
All I can say to this is that at least for me posting on the board and chatting are two entirely different forms of communication, thus one could never be a real substitute for the other - and that includes the more chit-chat, fooling around type of posts ! At the much slower speed of communication here it is much easier to play off of each other ... And slower communication tends to be more precise which is also very important for enjoyable, a little more sophisticated kind of humour.

Also, here I got the opportunity to watch others while they are "at play" - which for me has always been the starting point for developing sympathies for the people I've met here.

------------------
So long !

R³ aka "The Ramonster"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine's "permanent advocate" !

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !