View Single Post
Old 09-26-2001, 09:15 PM   #12
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

D
Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
How do you attack bin Laden with deadly force and in the process not threaten innocents? I don't think it can be avoided in this case unless we are willing to wait a very long time to pinpoint his location or hope he is handed over by the Taliban. You are against the death of innocents are you not? Then explain to me how we can possibly accomplish our mission without the threat of more dead innocents (our side or theirs)?

Moridin, the world is a fatal place. There is always, everywhere, risk to innocent life, and every one of us is going to end up dead in the end.

The trick here is to try not to take innocent life ourselves.

I do know that a much smaller force, perhaps commandos working with the aid of the northern alliance or other internal help, working to pin point Bin Laden's person, would carry a great deal less risk to innocents than the prospect of attacks from all those warplanes we are flying over there.

One single sniper could take him out.

And it would not cause the mass terrified evacuations over there, that our looming armada has caused, with all its accompanying misery. (and the next person who says the conditions were already bad over there will be slapped by a large trout -- i know that) There are many ways to kill innocents, indirectly as well as directly.