View Single Post
Old 09-23-2001, 06:29 PM   #34
tracey
Manshoon

the last 2 posts answer fully my pacifist attitude. particularly silver cheetah's response re the ira. i was about to say the same thing and have done on a different thread.

britain has fought with the ira for 30 years'. they're on our doorstep and we can't stop their attacks though our forces have tried many and varied ways to do so. negotiation and trying to understand and stop pissing off and exploiting other nations would be a good starting point rather than a need for revenge attacks.

anyway, they haven't happened yet, and hopefully they won't. if enough of us get out there and protest about it, maybe we can make a difference.

it's just a thought, but maybe peaceful protest and a call for discussion and understanding might be a better option than death.

death meaning the irrevocable loss of life, continued existance and conciousness gone. that's it. innocent lives gone forever. dead. deceaced. no more. DEAD.

i don't want that on my conscience if the government i didn't elect support the us in military action. therefore i have no choice but to keep on standing around on street corners with a banner.

the idea of useless and senseless DEATH makes me feel totally and completely sick.