View Single Post
Old 09-17-2001, 04:59 PM   #11
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
I feel pretty bad myself - guilty. I was in the middle of a couple of 'disturbances' and seem to have been the cause of both, though not at all intentionally.
I just wanted out, yesterday, and if I didn't love all you guys so much, I would have left. I still might, if I can bear to, 'cos I really hate feeling responsible. I just don't feel comfortable posting any more, in case you are all thinking badly of me.
(Yes, I AM feeling sorry for myself )

Fljotsdale, no more of that talk, you hear?

You are one of my favorite people on this forum and I absolutely FORBID you to leave. You got that?

Besides, I haven't noticed you doing anything wrong or that you should feel guilty about anyway, at least no more than anybody else here should.

I'm afraid we all have probably been tenser than usual lately. I really do understand what you mean about feeling guilty. When I read Saz/Memnoch's post (I forget which one it was, and can't find it again at the moment) about being disappointed in some of the people here, I felt guilty, knowing that I have contributed to some of the late chaos here by some of my provocative posts.

Nevertheless, we are not mere robots. Emotion and passion are essential parts of life, without which it would not be worth a damn. The past week has obviously been a time of great turmoil, which has spilled over into this forum. From one point of view, this may appear a terrible thing. From another point of view, what does it say about us except that we are human, and that such important things DO matter to us a great deal, as they should?

My dear Lady Fljotsdale, take heart. You are a credit to this forum and I am glad that it has given me an opportunity to get to know you a little. I look forward to many long discussions with you here in the future