View Single Post
Old 09-17-2001, 12:52 PM   #12
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by J.J.:
OK - I DO owe Saz an apology, delivered forthwith right now on this spot. I apologize for accusing you of 'editing' my free speech on the board, all that happened was the thread is locked, which i guess i can understand, looking at it with a little bit more reason, and i also apologize for taking you to task about your patriotism as well. We are at war with the terrorists, not each other.

JJ, you are one of the people I respect as a poster who has always been reasonable and fair. Don't you think it is a little unfair to lump all Arabs under the title "ragheads". Find and punish the perpetrators, by all means. But inciting racial hatred against a group of people who haven't even been convicted of this crime is wrong. Even accused murderers have their day in court in the United States and are innocent until proven guilty under the Constitution.

Quote:
It IS an easily identifiable, religous/politically motivated minority of an ethnic group who has done this. My rage, disdain, and contempt rain down upon them and the people who accepted them as neighbors, friends, allies, and gave them economic and geographical succor. They are all islamic jihad freaks. Before eliminating my post, why did you not inquire as to whether or not I was bombing mosques or attacking those americans who just happened to 'look' like the ragheads who attacked us and caused more innocent civilian casualties than any other country or force in our countries' history? If raghead is an ethnic pejoritive, then I say it FITS. I wholeheartedly condemn those &*sholes of the same ethnic persuasion who sat by and snickered when the marine barracks were bombed in '83, the achille lauro hijacked, the berlin disco bombed, and all the other outrages. If they do not want to be called, or grouped with, RAGHEADS, then I suggest they better damn well speak up and show not only their support for the country and the government they live in, but absolute and utter condemnation for those they have tacitly supported through the years. CAMEL KISSING RAGHEADS!!! I mean every inch of it.
I know you feel emotional right now. I almost lost an aunt on Tuesday. I have friends still unaccounted for, in all likelihood buried under the rubble. I will do anything I can from my little corner of the world to help find and bring the people who committed this crime to justice - be they directly or indirectly linked with this attack. But what I will NOT do is incite violent responses towards innocent people. Because that's how these things all start - with hate. And I will not allow myself to fall into that cycle of hate - because it's a good feeling at first, but I will eat you up slowly from the inside. Don't listen to Sarevok, mate! Don't feed your unholy wrath!

Peace!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 09-17-2001).]