Thread: Ignorant People
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2001, 07:37 PM   #28
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Wow that just happened today Moni? Do you think the past events moved him to take action and come to your house like maybe he always wanted to? Either way, it sounds like a very heart warming reunion of sorts, it's a small world eh?

As for churches, I am sorry you haven't seen any true-blues. There are only a handful in my area that I feel comfortable with. I don't go every weekend, but there is one in Gainesville (tiny town, blink and you've gone by it) that has really a nice one. Just a bunch of people smiling and happy, and an Irish accented Minister that preaches love and hope, and not fire and brimstone. Tis a very small church, on about 50 people I'd say. But everyone helps everyone out, and it is just a warm close community, between us and God.

Yes, just this afternoon.
I am not sure if the current events had any bearing in his showing up, but he said he has been living in Austin for many years and is moving back here and wanted to come tell her thank-you, now that he knows who "Santa" was and now that he could.
A sweet man, indeed and a credit to Christainity.

Your church sounds like exactly the kind I wish I could find. There are 11 churches in this small town of only 2255 people, but they range from the rich-owned holier-than-thou to the "we think we should be allowed to drink whiskey at church" types LOL
Maybe someday I'll find that dream come true of a church like you have.

*hugs*

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!