View Single Post
Old 09-14-2001, 08:33 PM   #182
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:
I am sorry, but I am afraid I have to correct you once again: maybe afterwards (after 1945) 99% of the German population CLAIMED that they had never known anything about the Holocaust, but the actual percentage who had known of the existence of the extermination camps had been much higher and many German soldiers had witnessed the mass executions of Jews, gipsies, Russian and Polish cilivians and POWs (quite a few German soldiers had even participated in these atrocities). The vast majority of the German population of that time MUST have witnessed the ever-escalating discrimination of the German Jews and their subsequent deportation.

This whole subject is just much too important and grim to allow any kind of "inaccuracies" when discussing the actual historical events.

I salute you Ramon. I salute your willingness to openly and honestly face the truth regarding a dark episode in your country's history.

Your example is something that a lot of people in the world could learn from, including many of my own countrymen.