View Single Post
Old 09-14-2001, 03:05 AM   #140
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
Ah, the old "love it or leave it" argument. Nactrafe, I addressed this sentiment recently, a bit before you joined. Here is the thread:
http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/No...ML/002953.html

What about my attitude is out of hand?

What particular comments of mine are you so upset about?

For the record, when it comes to history, I believe above all we should be honest about it. I have no axe to grind, other than I desire to know the truth about what has really been going on in the world.

[This message has been edited by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown (edited 09-13-2001).]
Dio...sorry I didn't get to this earlier...I have been away from my puter all day. Something of a family emergency. And now i'm way to brain friend to debate intelligently. Tell you what...if you still want to talk after I've had some sleep, I'd love to. Right now, I'd probably make some incoherent flamey statement, and I'd regret it. I'm normally rather fond of ya.

I agree with you on the history thing BTW. That whole 'Those who do not learn frim History are doomed to Repeat it' thing. However, I disagree with you about not having an axe to grind. You seem to be grinding pretty hard, taking an aggressively arguementative stance on almost every thread I have read you in. Regardless of topic, your opinions *seem* to be meant to either provoke or be insuting (not too much of the latter, but I *have* seen it.{not going to hunt threads now...maybe later}) And really, its not any specific post, just a general, overall feeling I get from reading your collective posts. BTW...You, and others use that defense alot. "Quote me". "Give me a specific post in which I have said something hurtful/insulting/wrong." Etc. Any reasonably intelligent person can get a general sense of attitude and/or insinuation based on the tone of a post, just as easily as they can from direct comments. You do not have to say that I am scum for me to get the fact that you think that, based on what you almost, but not quite, say(BTW...this is an example) . Regardless, that defense is not as strong as you might hope.

As to the "Love it or Leave" thing. Perhaps I shouldn't have said that. I'm sort of in 'Ultra-Patriot' mode. Forgive me? Normally, I hate that attitude. Recent events have made me less tolerant that I normally might be.

Dammit...I said I wasn't going to debate...sorry!
I really will be better after some sleep. L8R!

------------------
"In Memorium of those who are gone, and all those that bought our freedom with their hearts blood!"

"May the Colors of Liberty never run"

[This message has been edited by Nachtrafe (edited 09-14-2001).]