View Single Post
Old 09-12-2001, 01:45 PM   #13
G'kar

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
You're right, I don't know a great deal about being Wiccan except by what I have been told. I read some of a text at someones house. From what I saw, there was a great deal of ritual involving candles, chants, prayer, etc. It somewhat reminded me of druidic ritual. The only thing so far anyone has been able to tell me is that little poem that ends in "If it harms no one, do what you will." That's it. They said they were Wiccan, but didn't seem to have a good grasp of what that really meant. I personally believe they were more into dabbling than the actual religion. I'm still waiting for some good discourse on the subject. That's part of the reason I started this thread.
So a few people have "dabbled" in witchcraft out of curiosity. I'm sure people have dabbled in christianity, ect. while deciding on a spiritual path, Or joined a religious group for something besides spiritual growth. I know a guy who started going to church in order to meet women. The discourse you are looking for, won't come from me. I respect your beliefs, but I think you started this discussion in an effort to promote your version of christianity and belittle Wicca because it represents a threat to your church's potential member base.