View Single Post
Old 08-26-2001, 12:11 PM   #33
Moni

Quote:
Yep, that is the exact reputation that Aggies have. Any sort of "stupid person" joke works for an Aggie.
Now is this a national thing or just a Texas thing and does it stem from the reputations of graduates, the reps of its students or the reps of the sports teams over the years because I (in all honesty) have never heard any Aggie jokes that I remember anyway until they were posted here.
In most of the places I have lived throughout the U.S. Texas A&M has been a reputable school, the exception being AZ where Wildcats rule.

I am not taking the defensive because I will be going there but just asking where the reputation developed because I seriously haven't been exposed to derogatory Aggie jokes for as long as I can remember being alive, or due to the fact that I don't register those types of things as important enough to remember, have forgotten ever seeing or hearing any. All of the Texas A&M grads that I know (less than ten actually) enjoy good reputations as intelligent people and have excellent jobs with good pay.
Thanks

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!