Thread: Being Inspired
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2001, 12:08 PM   #9
Moni

Wow
Thank you! Thank you all! I am glad I was able to find the words to express myself so well that I, in turn touched you in some way too!

Conan, feel free to talk to me about anything you want, I am sure there is plenty of talent here to be able to offer a variety of words of advice or inspiration for what you seek to accomplish. I am no studied photographer but it has been a hobby of mine since I was a kid. I will offer you whatever help I can.

Wood. I love wood. We saved the large branch that broke off of our tree out back and cut it into workable-sized pieces. I had some simpler ideas for it when it was cut but found a full set of brand new wood carving tools here last night and now my mind is reeling LOL. The piece I plan to work will be put into one of the gardens I made here.
I am hoping that we can make it into the city this weekend so that I can get some pieces of suede and leather in order to bring some of my ideas to life. Suede is my canvas of choice...where some stretch canvas around a frame and paint it with oils, I stretch and "hang" suede into round or rectangular frames and "paint" it with beads, embroidery thread and/or sequins.
I just got a set of acrylics recently too but am saving them for a sculptured squirrel that I found at a dollar store not long ago.
As it is though, I have to spend time today chipping the edges off of a couple of mortar borders so that I can set them into their starting places without interruption in the pattern along the edge of the sidewalk. What fun lol...maybe I'll chip some little smiley faces into them before I set them into the ground.

Thank you all, you really made my heart swell with joy this morning.
*Hugs*
Moni

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 08-11-2001).]