View Single Post
Old 07-26-2001, 11:15 AM   #15
Grojlach
Zartan

Okay, have it your way, Sazerac; it's not my board. I was only trying to say a Diablo 2 forum will also attract a different kind of posters, the kind that doesn't care about rpg's at all. It could be good, people who only came to this board for Diablo 2 will become curious about D&D and the other, more intelligent games on this board; but it could also be bad, because die hard Diablo 2 players could be colliding with non-Diablo players. If you've ever been on BGDungeon, you'll understand what I mean.
Diablo 2 is a completely other kind of game, perhaps an RPG, perhaps not, but for a large part, it has a different audience than the other games on this board. Sorry I called that audience "immature", Sazerac, but it's different than the average BG-player; I was more referring to the kind of people who never played a game like BG or never even heard of AD&D. No offense to any of you guys posting in here.
A more extreme example: there are people around here who play completely different kind of games, like First Person Shooters, Sport simulation games, and really enjoy that. But does that mean they should be requesting for a forum for their favourite game as well?
Ah well, it's indeed up to Ziroc whether he wants one or not. The fact that he plays the game himself is not really a point by the way, I mean, almost everyone around here, including Ziroc I guess, played Tetris in his life, but that's no reason to establish a forum for that game...