View Single Post
Old 07-21-2001, 04:06 PM   #36
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
You guys want to know what's really scary? This virus sent itself to a whole bunch of people who were NOT in my address book, most of them were from TeamBG for some reason. How can it send itself to people who I don't have in my address book? It must be searching through temporary net files or something. Someone who I don't know sent it to me and I thought she was a forum member either here and had a question so I humored it. I'll be more careful next time.

It basically runs each time you try and run an execute file, no matter what, it runs itself instead, so you can't execute anything. I couldn't get ANYTHING to work, not even Norton Antivirus. I had to boot to a DOS prompt and copy my registry to a .com file and then delete and change some registry entries till I got my computer working again.

So ■■■■■■■ irritating. Sorry guys...
I can tell you this: The CIA, NSA and FBI are already DEEP into this. Looking for the person already, and I bet they find them/him/her/IT.

I have emailed the NSA the header from the first one I ever got, I came from South America, the header THEY look for is something like this:

[pre]B16A0F1E0A85D4119B0A0050BA856ADEEC4CE3@SRVMAIL-SF[/pre] It's a type of 'trace' code. BUT. If they deployed this at a library or some internet cafe, they will very hard to find. Grrrr.

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

[This message has been edited by Ziroc (edited 07-22-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Ziroc (edited 07-22-2001).]