View Single Post
Old 07-22-2001, 01:36 AM   #22
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
[b]Having said that, I cannot be for simply creating life just to do stem cell research. To me that is REALLY bad science. IF, however a couple has invitro done and they are sucessful AND they agree to it, I don't have a problem with stem cell research being done on those embryos. They will be discarded any way.
Which is it? You contradict yourself. If embryos are created for an invitro procedure, but are not used and instead given over for research, are they not ultimately created for that research, b/c it is a fact that more embryos are created then are needed for invitro.

Quote:
I also hear that there are other sources of stem cells out there. Those resources should be used as well. I understand that they can extract stem cells from the fat that is taken from liposuction.
Yes adult stem cells can be used but they are not (and I do not know why, but the research has been done) as good as embryonic stem cells

Quote:
Also I have a soul. My belief in, and love of God will not allow me to think otherwise. Period. End of discussion. I will not ever argue that point!
If you are unwilling to argue it, then how strong of conviction can it really be

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time