View Single Post
Old 07-13-2001, 09:49 AM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hey everyone! Love the idea, Lioness, I've been singing the praises of cats for many years! I remember just before this board started up, we were back on the old one and Z was contemplating new forums I must have talked alot about cats because he laughed and told me "no cats forum"!

Qrt, my Merlin waits in the window for me! Every day when I get home from work, I see his sweet orange face there. He hops down and meets me at the door and demands a face rub on the stairs then we go and put things away and I do the cat feeding routine.

I have Merlin and Inga, a pair of 3 yr old orange tiger cats. He's got more personality than any cat I've ever known a has a knack for finding trouble. *sigh* He also has a fondness for latex dishwashing gloves! Inga is a shy thing with strangers but she's a real sweetheart and a great alarm clock.. hehehe.. she wants her petting and adoring at the time I get up for work and makes disgruntled little mews in my ear if I oversleep by even 5 minutes! Sometimes she starts BEFORE my radio comes on in the morning.

I also have Longfellow, a grey/black tabby boy who is about 11 yrs old. No way of knowing for sure as I inherited him from an elderly friend who died and she found him as a stray. He is a real cuddlebug, that one!

My housemate has two grey/black tabbies: Ulsysses -my buddy- he's a sweet cuddly old boy of 15 ( or 16..I'm sure I should know that!) and Squeak, a very friendly, stray she took in when the same lady who owned Longfellow couldn't manage to care for him but didn't want him to go to the pound. Truth is, my housemate (best friend) and I fell for the little guy and he was assured a place in the apt at that time after my friend spent a good deal of time and money getting him healed up after a fight of some sort. After the second such incident, he became an indoor-only kitty. He's a happy little feline these days!

Er, hello, my name is CloudKitten and I am a cataholic... hehehe

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."