View Single Post
Old 07-11-2001, 12:03 PM   #19
Kinslayer
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
As I've said before in Britain because of the channel, we are a separated market so we wont do well out of the Euro, prices here won't come in line with the rest of Europe. This is because IMHO companies can use the fact that shipping to the UK justifies higher postage/handling to charge higher rates in the UK. E.g. if an item costs 10 Euros in Germany, and 3 to ship to the UK, it will be cost 15 off the shop shelves here as there is the delay of shipping it and so people will have to pay the extra 2 for the convenience of immediate purchase. However this means that they will have paid 5 extra in total, and since air fares and using the Channel Tunnel are so extortionate in Britain we are left with few options To emphasise this Euro Tunnel tickets are cheaper in Fance than in the UK for the same journey - I can ring up the Gare du Nord in Paris and order my tickets TO France (in English) cheaper than I can buy them at Waterloo Station!!!

But that's one of the beauties of being British everyone in the world treats us like a bunch of mugs. That's why we're dealing with all the Eastern European immigrants at the tax payers expense and everyone else in Europe kicks them straight out of their borders. I believe strongly in humanitarian aid but I'm sick of England being the flogging horse for the rest of Europe. Don't even tell the American guy's on this forum what we pay for petrol(gas) over here, I'd die of embarrassment!