View Single Post
Old 06-20-2001, 10:11 PM   #44
Moni

I grew up severly depressed.
I was severly depressed from the earliest days I can rmemeber until I was 24 years old.
I know what it is like to wake up every day and pray that you'll be dead before the sun sets. I know what it is like to stand behind a gun and picture yourself taking out all the people who work to make you miserable.
Being depressed was the fault of my reactions to my violent upbringing.
Remaining that way after I reached adulthood and left home was my own. There is no place to put blame on others.
The simple act of forgiveness can mean everything.
I am not the only person in the world who has come back out of the pit to actually enjoy facing daily life and participating with the rest of the world.
Scientific fact is that depression is an imbalance of chemicals in our brains.
This chemical imbalance can manifest into physical symptoms i.e. waves of dull pain coursing through your bones and ulcers to name a couple. I have experienced them.
Chemical medications aren't the answer. They may alleviate the symptoms and make everything seem better but they can cause adverse reactions and don't allow a brain to produce the right chemicals naturally. A person with positive effects from the drugs more than likely, will be taking them for the rest of their life.
A good diet and a better perspective on things is a positive start to putting an end to it.
It takes time and practice not to look at things from a negative point of view.
I believe enough in people to think that if I can do it, anyone can.

If someone is going to or has to keep themselves in an environment where there is constant negativity I can see how they could never be cured.
Kiwidoc,
I appreciate people in your profession who are there to honestly help people get on their way in life. I do think though that if people were educated to the facts about what is involved in being a human (in an animalistic aspect) then they would find life easier to understand and to cope with.

I never said people who suffer are inferior to people who don't. If anyone thinks it was implied, they were mistaken.

I feel good, I am good.

Moni

------------------