View Single Post
Old 06-15-2001, 07:15 AM   #31
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Glad everything's OK there Saz, I missed all the drama while at work by the looks of it. Tornado's are pretty much an American phenom, but other areas get some similar freak storms. The place I live in is nicknamed Tornado Alley within the local district, but only because we have had 3 mini versions in 12 or 13 years (ie very rare, and we are considered the trouble location).

I nearly got caught out on the golf course in the last one (about 1995) - the sky was looking none too good, so rather than wait behind the guys I was following I played backwards down another hole towards the green keepers' shed. When I got to my ball the hail started, and I ran for cover. 400 meters back, where I had been standing, the trees became matchsticks, and it tore apart 5 houses. 400 meters on the other side I was worried about the hail on my new car - needn't have worried, there was not a drop of rain or hail over there.

That one had me worried, and it's a baby compared to what you guys get thrown at you. I better consider carefully if they offer me a secondment to the Pt Comfort plant in Texas . lad to hear you're OK mate - talk to you on the weekend hopefully.

------------------