View Single Post
Old 06-15-2001, 07:40 PM   #44
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Sorry you feel that way, but you have no idea how hard it is to run a forum. Until then, you shouldn't judge me. I've been running this forum the same way for years now, and have yet to poison anything , I have been strick on spam since the new forum too, this is nothing new. It's sad that you few guys think so lowly of me, I though I was doing a good job? Ah well.. can't please everyone..

Sorry, obviously my last post got across in a way entirely differentway from the one intended: 1) yes, I don't know a thing about running a board like that, but I imagine alone the one aspect concerned here, trying to balance the diverting and conflicting interests of all the members to be very difficult. 2) No, I have never visited another forum, I was lucky enough to stumble directly onto this one, a great one, so I had never any reason to go to another. But I have read countless reports from other members, who had been elsewhere before, that the atmosphere on other forums was much less friendly, accepting and relaxed. And I won't doubt it even for a minute that Ziroc's lenient but committed way of policing this site can be largely credited for that. So, of course, I don't think lowly of you, Ziroc, quite to the contrary, I think you have been doing an outstanding job. And, like most others here, I have told you so and thanked you for it on many occassions - and I meant it.

My post was motivated by the wish to preserve that great quality of the board.
And to avoid any further misunderstanding: the second paragraph of my earlier post was not directed at Ziroc but at any regular poster who should first try to apply his own judgement in order to avoid unnecessary and problematic posts, but secondly also, as the first is certain to fail at times, muster the tolerance to live with the inevitable amount of such posts that will always get posted.
------------------
So long !

R³ - new, much improved signature under construction !

[This message has been edited by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon (edited 06-15-2001).]