View Single Post
Old 06-14-2001, 11:46 AM   #19
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
Ok so you dont like my song thread, I apologise if its taking up too much space, I won't be posting to it any more for that reason. However I want to suggest that "spam" topics do well because of the fact that they are nonsense and as such can have universal appeal ( well almost I can see here the exceptions!). I have a problem with the fact that most of the threads on GD are totally irrelevant to large sections of the board, music crosses all of them. I mean discussions turn into flame wars or we agree to disagree, so a little game is there to be fun, and not to have deep meaning or scientific importance. A great many of the threads are either directed at an individual, e.g. hey yournamehere, or are ethnocentric. I was looking to cross boundaries age/gender and nationality which sadly too many other threads do not.

Sir Tainly
I did not consider your song thread Spam, until it was brought up as being a spam thread! Heck I am one of the most frequent posters there and if it is a spam thread then I am a spammer. You are right, music is one topic that encompasses everyone and a music topic is almost always going to pop-up. I guess the reason it was considered a spam thread is the fact that, while it allows people to have fun with music, it really has no 'content' There really is no room for debate, opinions, etc.....Perhaps we could get them to move it to the poll forum and try to pass it off as a music poll

------------------

Ever wonder if illiterate people get the full effect from alphabet soup?