View Single Post
Old 06-17-2001, 09:32 AM   #126
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Gaelic, Wolfere, 'tisn't a matter of not wanting to understand! Speaking for myself alone, I have some vague glimmering of how you feel. But it IS only vague, and it is so tempered by cold common sense that I truly marvel that so many Americans can be so hide-bound by tradition and the propaganda of gun manufacturers.
Look, I like both you guys, so don't take me wrong. I know I am not going to convince you! But truly, truly, guys, you are SO WRONG! No hard feelings, hey?
I'm gonna drop out of this discussion now, 'cos we are both on a loser!
I think you are right about this being an subject that we should drop. It started out as something to dis-cuss. But it has turned, I think, sour. I will not post any longer to this thread. But, I will say that I have never seen gun propaganda. Whether we are wrong and you are all right, who knows. But I don't feel like this is getting to anything but a bad end filled with bad feelings.
I grew up in San Diego. I have been in the rough parts of that town. I have never carried a gun. I have been to San Fransico and in the tough parts there as well as alot of other cities. I was never afraid enough to carry a weapon to school or anyplace else. But it is nice that should I chose to I could.
To everyone on this board, I would like to say...
You can walk our streets at night without undue fear you will be shot dead in the next instant. I have talked to people who have come visiting here, that was actually a concern. We are not war mongers and bloodthirsty killers. We are not like Iran where they enforce death penalties for speaking wrong of someone, not being of the same religion and speaking it out loud or for adultery. I could use some really nasty inflamatory retoric like that, but really whats the point? To anger some one, to belittle them or the nation they call home? I am, as you can see Gaelic is, Very, Very Patriotic. We do love our country and that is why we would argue and eventually say something we could never take back. I have risked my life for the ideals this country was founded on. I would risk it to defend your right to call me names and speak your mind as well. Though this forum is one that you can edit. In the heat of anger, stupid and often unforgettable things are said. These may be forgivable, but nothing is forgettable.
Lets not lose sight of the fact that as humans we will never be in complete agreement about anything. I may check back here but, I will not post here.
Gawd Bless and Goodbye to this thread. Fljotsdale...I like you too. See you on one of the other threads.

------------------