View Single Post
Old 06-11-2001, 01:26 PM   #49
Charean
Hathor

Reading Moridin's (and everyone else's) statements got me thinking. (Yes the pain was horrific)...

What I think we have overlooked is the role the media has played in this. The media may have fed McVeigh's rage... but more, very few times do we NOT see violence on the news. (It is almost like it is propogated in our society, then we act shocked when this happens.) They don't show the good that people do because it wouldn't get the numbers. The only show that does (here) is "Sunday Morning."

The Washington DC metro area lives on media...it is the main form of gossip in that town... who can get on and how many minutes. One man's anger at the government surpassed even the most power mad in that town... it must rankle.

I guess my point is that Moridin is really on the pulse of this. I only wish we had a way of steering the media to OTHER forms of entertainment once in a while.

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
Looking for lost brain - I left it only for a moment....and there it goes... rolling under the table!!
Noticing that the Light has gotten further down a Dark Tunnel than expected... Time to get the Lantern... Knowing sooner or later - I will get to the End of this Tunnel to the Open Air once again...