Thread: Where are you??
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2001, 06:43 AM   #13
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:

What? What happened to Aotearoa?

Hey in all seriousness, I reckon that's a better name don't you? "Zealand" is the Anglicisation of the Isle that Copenhagen is built on, though there are half a dozen "Zeelands" about.

Don't you love "New South Wales"? South Wales is so tiny you could cover it in a few hours by car. "New South Wales" despite being ridiculously larger than the original, was also originally the name for most of Australia!

Also Azure Wolf, in the Aussie constitution it mentions New Zealand - by name, as another State of Australia. So, I believe, if Russell Crowe and the other Kiwis in favour of unification had their way, no referendum on constitutional change would need to take place in Oz for it to happen.

Finally there are supposedly more Maoris in Sydney than Aotearoa.

More maoris in Sydney then here???? Shit that would be a first half the population of Auckland is maoris almost.
And NZ being a state of Aussie is absolute BS! No offense but i dont know where the hell they came up with that. Probably some outdated but of info from the dead British empire

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

"I've put my trust in you, pushed as far as I can go. For all this theres only one thing you should know....."