View Single Post
Old 05-28-2001, 05:25 AM   #15
Moiraine
Anubis

i Nostron, and welcome !

(I am a VERY BAD spammer - I manage to reply to 2 threads in only one post ... )

I think most of us have met here, and are not friends from RL. But, as you may have noticed, here is a VERY special Board !
For those who don't know the story already, I registered somewhere in mid-December. I had a car crash in January one Thursday morning. I was in my car with my 10 years-old son, the car slid on a very thin layer of ice and turned right, and the right rear of the car smashed on a little mountain bridge. Nobody got more than bruises, but I was very shaken : first, if the car hadn't hit the bridge, it would have fallen down in the little ravine under the bridge, and second, my son was at the left side of the car, but what if he had been sitting at the right side, the one that smashed the bridge ... All that to say that I called the garage, waited until they picked the ruined car, then went to work.
At work, I didn't want to talk about this, why should I have ? So I posted a bit in general threads, and Yorick noticed that something was wrong with me ! How did he notice, I will never know, since although I was pretty shaken, it shouldn't have shown, without any body language involved. Anyway, I told about the car crash, and then, to my utter amazement, Yorick started a 'Hug for Moiraine' thread, and LOTS of Board members posted in it to hug me !
Even people who had been lurking but not posting before, and who had read and liked my previous posts. I had no idea so many people liked me ! And all these hugs gave me much needed warmth and comfort. That is when the Board became a very special place to me.

Although I haven't got time to travel these days, I have been lucky enough to meet Yorick in the flesh for 4 full days, during his European journey back in February. I had a ball, and so did my family ! I tell you, he is exactly like he sounds on the Board. A very friendly, clever, witty chap with a number of amazing stories in his hat ! And great music too, since he is a modern Bard.

As soon as my husband's schedule will be less hectic and we at last can have some free time, we will sure travel the world, and that day, I hope I will meet other Board members in the flesh. And I welcome any Board friend who would happen to pass through France.

Does it answer your question some ?

------------------

The world is my oyster !
And now I have the knives to open it ...