Thread: Ziroc
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2001, 02:33 AM   #46
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Cloudy: I restarted the game, and am doing a LOT better. Have a feeling I'm missing some things, though, on it...Imoen found the wall safe, but I didn't know that's what it was...will have to go back for it (sigh).

(SPOILY)

So far, I've killed the Lightning Mephits and shut off the power generator, talked to the Djinn and accepted his challenge, "freed" the poor sod in the bottle in the next room over, got the activator(?) stone, talked to the other poor souls in the bottles (this place is CREEPY, eeech...I'm with Imoen on that!) and now I guess I need to go talk to that golem again.

Just tell me this...is this one of those fantasy games that's laced with sci-fi stuff? Because if it is, I can tell I won't like it. The whole layout looks more like a space station than a medieval fantasy thing.

Haven't figured out how to cast spells yet...everyone is just whacking away, no matter what I do. Is that where I need to disable the AI? Because it just takes my spellcaster into the fracas and won't let me cast with them.

Did figure out how to group everyone to travel together...that simplified things a LOT. Haven't died yet this time, but am losing lots of HP...keeping the druid lady stocked on healing spells.

Sorry for sounding so ignorant. Okay, and this is my last post on this in this thread; it really doesn't belong here, and I may e-mail you privately about it so I don't sound like a complete ignoramus on the BG2 forum. I'll admit I feel pretty dumb right now, but I guess others feel that way when they start playing W&W, too, coming in off BG2. Two completely different games.

Thanks for letting me ramble.