View Single Post
Old 04-07-2001, 11:37 AM   #18
Moni

I don't normally get into political discussions or religious ones either for that matter as I respect the fact that we all have different opinions and I would rather not lose the acquaintence of someone because they can't accept the fact that I am right

I would not say China could not win a war against the US...there are many ways for disabling a country and I say let's not entice them into trying.

I agree that "W" is a bit lacking in the intelligence dept. and I am amazed that the public looked the other way while he stole the election but then it just goes to show you how far reaching having power on the inside can be. Not to say that Gore would have been good for our country's security on a world-wide level but...well, that is another discussion entirely.

I would hope the US will accept the fact that they got caught spying and accept their military personnel being shipped home ahead of the boxed parts of their plane.

Restitution should be paid to China for the loss of their fighter esp since "W" was quoted as saying that the planes merely "bumped" in mid-air before making the emergency landing on Chinese territory. The complete loss of the Chinese fighter plane and its pilot suggest otherwise.

The US messed up...just because they are the world's "super-power" does not mean they have to make excuses, look the other way and blame the other guy. The Chinese gov't has the right to interrogate the crew and inspect the plane. The US also has the right to get them all back.

Praying that all will be resolved peacefully,
Moni

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 04-07-2001).]