View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 10:24 PM   #148
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Balintherlas:
I just finished Doom on the xbox, it was great, not to mention on of the scariests games I've played.

But right now I playing the single player campaign on Prey for the 360, with some Gears of War and Halo 2 sprinkled in for xbox live.
Coincidentally, I recently just finished my second run-through of Prey. Looks like we both have a soft spot for FPSs! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Prey is fantastic, the gravity wrapping/flipping and portals are reason enough to play the game, but I really enjoyed the storyline as well.

Doom on the other hand... It's not that I don't like it - in fact, I love it for some old-fashioned shotgun-to-the-face slaughterfest - it's just that the game lost a lot of its intensity for me about halfway through the game. In the first half, zombies and demons are seemingly very carefully placed for that shock-factor and are given specific animations like breaking through the stairs you're walking up (God, that part made me jump!) or a corpse dropping off a ledge just as you approach it. In the later parts, however, the developers seemed to resort simply to just having enemies spontaneously teleport into the room, which felt a bit lazy. Of course, it's hard to top Doom 3 for some fun zombie splattering, but for a 'scary' game, I personally prefer F.E.A.R., and for storyline I'd say Halflife 2 or Prey.

Gears of War looks great as well, what's your opinion on it? I've heard that the general consensus from the 360'ers is very positive, so I'm eagerly awaiting the PC version's release. [img]smile.gif[/img]

On topic, I reckon I'm approaching the end of Oblivion, so I'm thinking of buying Morrowind tomorrow.
Jaradu is offline   Reply With Quote