Thread: LOF: Awakenings
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 05:35 PM   #137
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Kuankreid (& Ainyra)

Kuan approached the shack and noticing the open door stepped inside. Noting the other mage inside the shack, he called out. “Gillian! Well met!”

Strolling over to the other mage, Kuan ventured a smile. It seemed that the young elf seemed to be in better spirits than before, having recovered from his bout of sea-sickness. “Isn't it a wonderful day?” he asked with a grin, “No rolling waves, nor endless surf. Ah, to be back on dry land!”

“You there! Mage.” Ainyra called to Gillian, from her usual perch on her 'master's' shoulder, “He's being going on about how wonderful it is to be back on dry land ever since he woke up! Take him out for a drink or something and get him intoxicated enough so he's rolling under the table and I don't have to put up with this.” She sighed a long suffering sigh, “But then he'll complain about a hangover. Anyway, as soon as you're done here, take him out somewhere. He needs some male company.”

“Ainyra!” Kuan exclaimed, utterly outraged by his familiar's latest suggestion, “How could you suggest something like that?!”

“Oh hush.” she chided, “The way you act, everyone'd think I was your wife or something; I'm not. And you spend too much time grouching and keeping your nose in your scrolls - alone. It'll do you good to have a friend.”

“Hmnph. You could've fooled me.” Kuan muttered sourly at the 'wife' part. “You certainly act like it.”

What did you say, Kuan?” The little sprite's eyebrow arched and she tapped her foot on his shoulder; almost daring him to gainsay her.

“Oh nothing dear, nothing at all.” Turning to Gillain, Kuan muttered, Never get yourself a familiar that can talk back to you; you'll regret it every da- ow! What was that for! There was no need to-.” Kuan winced, rubbing his stinging ear. A rather ired - and smug - Ainyra had slapped it hard enough to turn red.

“I must have slipped.” She replied sweetly, “I really must be more careful...” the 'I' really meant 'You'; Kuan knew that much and sighed. Grumbling, he leant against the shack wall and asked the other mage with a sigh “So, how has your day been...”

[ 04-02-2007, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote