Thread: LOF: Awakenings
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 05:44 AM   #24
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Xaver

Xaver turned back to Pandaros and signalled to him to follow him up, keeping his bow ready. He then turned towards the three elves who looked a bit frightened after the warning arrow was fired. He lowered his axe and spoke.

"Greetings Lady Anarrima. I'm Xaver Merlino Jr, a soldier and priest of Clangeddin, currently a mercenary in the service of the Locke brothers, rulers of this town. You'll have to excuse our manner..." he turned for a second to check if Pandaros had his bow ready to shoot, "but there have been some strange disturbances in the forest and we were hired by the Lockes to find out who or what are behind them. I think you'll understand that your sudden appearance couldn't but arouse our suspicions. I hope you don't mind answering some questions for me and my companion. It will take just a moment and if you are who you say you are, you will be free to go into town. If you have any information at all that might shed some light onto the source of the disturbances in the forest, it would be wise to tell us what you know. Since you just left the forest you might have noticed or heard something strange or out of place."

He paused for a second and again looked back at Pandoros. "Please don't think of fighting us. I know we are outnumbered, but this dwarf has had his share of battles and won't go down easily. And even if you do manage to take us down, you will have to face the whole of the town militia. I'm sure it's not something you'd wish to do."
ZFR is offline   Reply With Quote