View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 05:48 AM   #7
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Gan Vahnsen

The half snow elf had been the last one through the portal – actually, he had almost not come at all. At the last moment before he had gone through, he realised much to his disgust that one of his bootlaces had flown undone, and so, he had paused to fix it. Unfortunately, said bootlace would not cooperate and he discovered, much to his ire that it would need replacing, for it had split in several places.

While annoying, it was not a hard task to thread a new bootlace, though it was taxing. As tedious as it was, it was better to get it right now rather than to wait until he was through the portal and encountering only the gods’-knew-what. And so, he had paused to fix his bootlace. It had taken him all of five minutes, but of course, being at the end of the line meant that he was delayed further. But! He had ventured forth!

…and found himself on the other side of the portal. He arrived in time to catch the last part of Jonas’ speech to Lorath, though he did not know who either of them were. He recognised the group from before he entered the portal, and they seemed as good as any to travel with.

So he did.

Standing someway behind the elf Tamora, he waited in silence while Lorath finished talking to Jonas. When he had, the half snow elf ventured, “I am afraid I did not catch most of that, I was… delayed coming through.” he nodded to the others, and added cheerfully, though his tone was sardonic, “So, where to now, brave fellows?”