View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 03:41 AM   #247
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Without a backwards glance, Isokla set off after Ydalon, her strides quick until she matched his pace and stood beside him. "And what now, my lord? Did you find what you sought?" Her tone held the slightest touch of bitterness, but it was only a hint. "As you said, they will be down on us like a pack of hounds braying for our blood. What plans have you now? Should any have escaped and seen your faces, there will be a bounty upon your heads, but I am sure you are well aware of that.”

The girl frowned and lowered her tone, leaning in beside him for his ears alone, "What did you really seek?” she asked softly, "Unlike others, I do not believe that these so-called Lords of Vision came into being solely due to banditry, even if they are the local law. You set off a beacon for them – why?” Her greyish-blue eyes had narrowed and their gaze was sharp, "Tell me the truth and I may stay with you. I know there is more than you are telling me. I have just lost an apprentice – I have no reason to be here… unless you give me one.”