View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 04:37 PM   #118
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

"Whether I seek death or not, I do not know. I always had an ability to analyse the actions of others, yet were unable to apply this ability to myself. I know I am depressed, I know I have my problems, that is even visible to the untrained eye. But you are wrong that it does not matter what drives me. It is the only thing, which has kept me from falling into complete madness." - his voice was soft, not aimed to only be heard by Isokla, but even if someone were casually listening from the camp, Nivram was pretty sure they would have only heard fragments of what he said.

"I was the simple son of a simple farmer until my family was killed by bandits. Then I was the simple brother a sister and her husband had to keep. That lasted until I felt I was a burden to them, and left. When I returned I found that my sister's husband had died, and my sister disappeared. I wish to find my sister."

It was rare for Nivram to confide in someone so fast, but he felt something special about Isokla. Something he couldn't yet place.

"I am no warrior as some in our make-shift group, nor am I a mage capable of flaunting his powers to everyone around." - he said clearly reffering to Ansolon. "I am but a simple man, not made for a life of adventuring. All that had brought me with this group are chance and the possibility that travel might help me find my sister."

He stopped his long monologue and looked to see what Isokla's reaction would be.