View Single Post
Old 11-07-2000, 12:13 AM   #12
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

It's great to have you around, Lily! I too used to play AD&D quite a bit; DMing was my favorite part of the game.. I loved to roll dice randomly behind my little make-shift DM-screen, then frown and shake my head, whistling.. Then when my PCs looked at each other nervously, I'd say something like "Whew.. ok, now which one of you drank that potioin?"

As to the gold issue, I've found that it pays to only use the town for guilds and stuff; get your equipment out in the wild. After clearing the entire Crypt, I came home with about $3,500 (This is after selling everything I didn't want.) The best advice is to pick up everything; I never keep any potions except for yellow (cure poison).. they bring in at least $25 a pop. Also, sell all of your scrolls; they are practically useless, as one shot deals, but some can net you $250 a smack! Half the price of a guild admission.

Though a lot of people yell and scream about the gold, I find it does add an interesting element; think about it, in how many CRPGs have you played were you carrying around $50,000-$150,000 by halfway through the adventure? Almost all of the ones I've played. But here, with Wizards & Warriors, it forces you to really consider every little expenditure, no matter how small.

Also, wasn't the original name "Come Devils, Come Darkness"? That's a lot better name than the very dorky sounding "Wizards & Warriors." Hmm..