View Single Post
Old 10-24-2000, 02:19 AM   #9
Hoffenbecker

I just made it to the serpent temple and have yet to see any big jackpots. But I have decided the best way to start this game is with a minimalist attitude. My fighters got a weapon and doublet, magic users even less. Always pick up enemies droppings and group all bows, swords etc to be id'd. The smith will ID all if they are the same thing for price of one. I typically give each char a group to id and flip thru chars while on id at armory. Also try to put any ability points you can into Intelligence for the multiple skill points to award next time you level. If I have more than one ability point to distribute one goes to prime for class, and then I alternate between int and a secondary for class. One last piece of advice, if you keep getting killed by a particular monster maybe your strategy needs to be re-thought or you need more experience. Go do a mini quest and come back. I have run back and forth between the toads and crypt many times in order to get more experience and complete a mini while I mull over a problem in the other area.