View Single Post
Old 10-01-2000, 10:18 AM   #2
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Anyone have any trouble getting stuck in the toad village? I was journeying around there and first noticed how much the toads get in the way, even after you befriend their tribe. At one point I was in the back of a toad cave and a toad followed me in and he got stuck. I tried everything, from placing objects in front of him and trying to jump over his head, but nothing worked. Trying to shuve them out of the way like normal didn't do a thing either, it was as if they got stuck somehow.

I think this is some kind of a bug in the game, for both toads on the screen with me were trying to walk like hell, but they stayed in one place. After an hour of cursing and realizing I didnt have a save too recently, I found a way out since the toad was blocking the very narrow cave we were in. I really like Wizards and Warriors, but this was just a PITA!

As long as a toad (and any other NPC presumeably) does not scream out when you attack them, you can actually kill one and the other toads wont know. He was the only one on the screen and I just hit him with two fast zap bolts, and he was dead. I did feel kind of bad (for a minute or so), but there was no other option.

Also for anyone else going there, try to be at least level 5-6 before trying to do the Toad Shamans quest. I was only level 3 and I completed the quest with only my Pixie Wizard left. I don't want to go into details to spoil it for anyone. Oddly enough, the little pixie is one of my best fighters, doesnt do a lot of damage, but he hardly ever misses.

Any one else have problems here?

Scronan